Christmas ATC

I struggles with an idea for the Christmas ATC Swap on AMR too. In the end, time was ticking away. I decided to re-work the Christmas card I made for my co-workers. Melonscraps said that was cheating. I replied that I was just using my own "sketch".

This time around I was able to use Nestabilities Nesting Birds die which made cutting out the birds much easier. (I hand cut them last year) Once I got the sandwich right, they cut though the felt "like bud-dah". These little guys have brads for eyes and feather wings. After attaching the wings and tails last year I swore I'd never work with feathers again and though them away. While I did remember I'd have to buy more feathers, I had completely blocked out the mess a bag of feathers created. Seconds after I opened this bag, it all came back to me. I didn't have to deal with the tails feather this time because these guys are just too little.


He is sitting on a MM Flocked Holly circle, pop-dotted on a Bazzill Mud Pie scalloped circle. I rounded two of the corners of Cosmo Cricket's Merry & Bright. The knotted ribbon is a dull grosgrain from the dollar bin at Michaels and its all mounted on Bazzill Ivy.

8 Comments:

  1. Jingle said...
    This is very pretty! I love the little bird! So cute!
    Abby said...
    Cute ATC! Love the birdie with the feather! I've had ATC block lately, too!
    Martha said...
    Beautiful ATC!!! Your header is awesome...is that new?
    Anne Marie said...
    Oh I adore that birdie! I'm going to have to save this idea for a lift Laura, thanks for the inspiration!
    Erica Hettwer said...
    Oh, hey you! I left you some love on my blog!

    http://ericasdoingsomethingelse.blogspot.com/2008/12/blog-award-and-mini-book.html

    ps-How was scrappin' Monday night?
    Anne Marie said...
    HEY! This is your blog calling -- I feel neglected and unloved. Come back to me, oh creative one, come baaaaaccckk!

    (Fooled ya -- it's just lil ol me who's missin' some tigarlilly creativity and humor! Hope all is going OK with you!)
    Jingle said...
    This is cute, but you need to update, girl! LOL! I stopped by to let you know that I am so glad that you follow my blog! I appreciate you!
    scrapinmary said...
    laura why haven't you ben posting things on your blog?

Post a Comment



A Couple of my Layouts...