...
Here is how I make mine. These are the Thanksgiving cards I made for a swap at AMR. I heard paper piecing was back "in", probably largely to do with this card. It's weird how all these other scrappers seem to have a spy in my Scrap Lair. Or maybe there's a sleeper cell at my LSS. (I mean, it couldn't be the other way around, could it? Baaa Baaa Baaa Baaa)
Would you like my recipe? Now, I know brine-ing your turkey is all the rage, but I wouldn't recommend it for this guy. Besides, Mr Alton Brown specifically says to use a frozen young turkey, and this one is an old bird if I ever saw one.

The card base (Bazzill) is embossed with Textile Texture with a BG Mellow insert (from the 6x6 pad.) More Bazzill in rich fall colors of Bazzill die cut with the Scalloped Build A Flower die. Velvet paper was also die cut with BAF and embossed with D'Vine Swirls and traced with gold gel pen. the turkey's body, trimed with Nestabilities Scalloped Circles and pressed in Swiss Dots. The body in made from two Nestabilities Scalloped Circles embossed with Swiss Dots and head, beak and wattle are from a QK digital download, cut on my Silhouette. The card is finished with an American Crafts ribbon knot.



In case your not glued to your Google Readers, Wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin' for my next blog post, I'd like wish everyone:

Happy Thanksgiving

Speaking of Google Readers, they can comment here!

4 Comments:

  1. Marilyn said...
    I still love that turkey!! You did a great job, as always! Can't wait to see the end result of the project you are working on right now though ;) !!!
    Anne Marie said...
    Gee, I dunno ... maybe not bringing, but I think he could use a dry rub, LOL!
    Anne Marie said...
    (um, that should read "brining")
    Kay said...
    That is so cute! I've seen quite a few paper pieced turkeys but none like this one. I really like the use of all the different CB folders.

Post a Comment



A Couple of my Layouts...