Here I will relate a conversation I had Saturday afternoon with my lovely seven year old niece.

First some background; this past weekend was the opening of the Portland Rose Festival. This first weekend is especially busy in that we do the Fireworks Spectacular on Friday evening and then the Starlight Parade Saturday evening. Both events require arriving early in the afternoon to "stake out" our choice spot. So while reloading the car Saturday morning, I shut my tailgate on my garage door remote and the casing shattered. Luckily, it still works when you push the little yellow button on the circuit board.

At the parking garage, about 12 miles from my house:

Niece: Can I see the smashed garage door opener?

Me: OK, be careful

Niece: Can I push the yellow button.

Me: Oh no, you can't push that my garage door will open. (teasing)

Niece: Oh yeah, then someone could get into your house.

Me: Oh, they might steal my scrapbooking stuff.

Niece: Only if they're Scrapbooking Geeks!

Me: What!?

Niece: He he he he. Marilyn's one too. (Marilyn=melonscraps)

Tonight
Me: I just post a picture of Squirrelly-Girly with only one of her four front teeth. I'm a Computer Geek too!

PS She's scrapbooked with me before!!!

5 Comments:

  1. Cali said...
    I've heard of more ridiculous things than scrapbooking albums being stolen (e.g. underwear-the custom made kind). The funniest thing is when they're caught, the culprit always attempt to deny it. "No officer, those are my kids, and my scrapbooks, I swear."
    Cali
    Christina Carnoy said...
    lol! I am a scrapbooking geek too! Are you going to the party tonight? I guess I am since I RSVP'd!!!
    Marilyn said...
    That is too funny! How dare she call me a geek, lol!! Even after you showed her the pics of her sbing, she still denied she is one of us. She is so cute though, I guess I will have to forgive her.
    Scrappy Girl said...
    Too cute! She is just in denial of her inner-scrapbooker. She'll come around. LOL!
    Christina Carnoy said...
    Hey chick! To answer your question, it was rub-ons on the page, but stamps on the journaling sheet and the letter "a".

Post a Comment



A Couple of my Layouts...