...
This weekend I attended OPSC (Our Private Scrapbook Convention) Some of my scrap pals and I were bummed because we couldn’t make the Seattle CKC. So were decided that each of us would teach the others a class CKC –style.

(BTW, I have no idea what my neighbors must of thought when melonscraps came over and unloaded enough stuff to fill a small uhaul, then Kay came with more, and then Inara shows up with a massive box, all of us filling past the "Welcome to OPSC" sign on the door.)

We started off with a challenge. Melonscraps and I made a kit from our existing stashes. We did not have to buy a single thing, that’s right between the two of us, we had enough product on hand to make four identical kits! We had four and a half sheets of BG Urban Prairie, a sheet of card stock, four ribbons, a mirrored butterfly, flowers, buttons, brads and eyelets, gems and pearls and a giant photo corner. We also included pictures of us crops from the past year or so. It was great to see everyone’s take.
Next melonscraps had a flawed plan to hold a contest where the winner got to pick whatever they wanted from my Scrap Lair. I DON’T THINK SO!!!! She changed her tune I suggested we award the prizes from her stuff. (That’s right; I’ve decided to officially dub my space The Scrap Lair. I can just imagine coming home with bags and bags of scrap goodies and announcing to my boys with my arm pointing toward manifest destiny, “To the Scrap Lair!!!” Duh na na na na na na NA NA)

Kay designed an amazing “Thankful” banner for us. It was really involved, but she set up stations and it flowed really nicely we all got to try new techniques and sample some of her Stanpin’ Up goodness. We double stamped (veramark+SU Ink) and embossed the letters and Versamarked and embossed flowers and a berry spray on each flag of the banner. We brayered over the images in two three colors and added an inked ribbon distressed the edges. Then we strung though eyelets in the cardstock background. It was so much fun; it inspired me to make a tigardlilly banner for my scrap room. (Check out my blog tomorrow for that)

Inara taught a card making class which included these amazing paper flowers we distressed so that they looked like they were fabric. She let us all chose our papers from here amazing 6x6 pad collection and we got to used here Sizzix dies. I had never used one before in my Cuttlebug, so it was a great opportunity to try that out. She also gave us some mini envelope templates. The Velcro closure was defiantly one of those, why didn’t I think of that moments. Inara is a teacher and it was great to see her being teacherly.









Melonscraps designed and entire mini album. She gave us ton of product and everyone got to use Nestibilities and bind our books with the Bind it All. It is full of transparencies, Hambly screen prints, lace cardstock, die cut cardstock and ------------------. I have promised I will finish this kit, which will be no chore because see coordinated it so well. Now I just need to print twenty pictures or so and fill ‘er up. It was actually pretty cool to see her competed book, and my stack of pages waiting for pics and embellishments and the difference in the thickness of the two.



My project was what I like to call my scrap swag book. It is a mini book made from badge protectors. I carry this around in my purse with list of my products so I don’t buy doubles. It’s especially helpful items that come in a zillion colors (inks, paints, stickles) or a bazillion styles & sizes (alpha stamps & dies) I also have a coin envelope in there to keeps those scrappy punch cards and 40% off coupons. Inara even shared her Velcro with us so we don't loose our coupons. (I still can believe I never though of a Velcro closure, ingenious!) You could also use it as a nifty brag book. It was really cool to see everyone concentrating so hard while cutting out birds and flowers from Urban Prairie’s Meadow. I should have taken pictures of all the squinting and lip biting. It was a pretty simple project, but I think everyone enjoyed it and the Diamond Glazing went well.

It took me a day or so to recover, just like the the real CKC, but now I'm back. I for one had a blast.

Google Readers Comment Here

5 Comments:

  1. Marilyn said...
    I had such a great time last weekend!! I loved your project, can't wait to put my list in there too! I love how your Christina card came out, very nice! I am super excited to see your blog tomorrow, it sounds exciting!! Hey, did you hear, Kay is having a SU thing next month, you gonna go??? She is talking about having us stay over for a crop too!
    Kay said...
    I had soooooo much fun! I'm glad you liked doing the banner. I can't wait to see what you come up with for you Tigarlilly one.
    Cindy said...
    Next time I want to come. I'll teach something too. You girls look like you had a blast. So jealous of your weekend. Thanks for sharing the pics.
    Christina Carnoy said...
    I had sooooooooooo much fun! I will totally come to the next one. Having 3-4 Saturdays off per year isn't asking too much really from my jobs, now is it??? It was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo worth it. I love you guys!!!
    Anne Marie said...
    WOW you four rocked that convention! You have to let me know in advance next year so I can sign up. How much do you think it would cost to rent a uhaul truck roundtrip from FL to Seattle?

Post a Comment



A Couple of my Layouts...