Happy Mother's Day

Here are a couple of card I made for my mom. This first one I made and entered in a Stitching challenge at the AMR National Scrapbook Day Online Crop. I have never done a cyber crop and it was quite an experience. As you know, I am the world's slowest cropper, I am not exaggerating when I say I worked on this card for seven hours! I finally got to try my In Stitchez templates. Since I didn't have the right color floss, I inked over the lighter green with VersaMagic on a dauber, and I did it after I stitched which was especially challenging. The flowers are prima, and the centers are my hand dyed skittles!


This next card, I helped my niece make for my mom. My niece who is seven years old, and my ten year old nephew live with my mom and dad. They actually adopted them, which kinda make them my brother and sister. Ir also make my nephew his uncle! My really have more of a family Brier than family tree. Anyway...when I say I helped her, I mean she picked out the button centers and flowers and went home. (Again, she's seven so letting her pick something out can be scary.) The stems and leaves are actually a ribbon I got a year ago at least and I've finally got to use.




And this was for my mom, it has all five of her Grand kids.



3 Comments:

  1. Christina Carnoy said...
    Beautiful Projects!!!
    Samantha said...
    Those cards are GORGEOUS, Laura!! I just adore them, and I bet the recipients loved them, too :) Thanks for hopping over to my blog today. I hope to get into the groove of blogging again and blog-surfing!!
    Erica Hettwer said...
    I have that ribbon! Now I’m gonna have to try that idea! :D I bought that punch, too but it was my Mom’s Mother’s Day gift…she loved it!!! :D

Post a Comment



A Couple of my Layouts...