I love Google Reader!

I've been using Google Reader for several months now, and I have to say, I love it, love it, love it. Right now I have read 65 blogs. Do you know how long it would take to check 65 blogs a day or four times a day? Neither do I, because I use Google Reader. Even when I only monitored 10 blogs, it would take a fair bit of time to link to the 10 blogs I read, often to find nothing new.

Here 10 reasons I love Google Reader. (Being a nerd doesn't count!)

  1. Unread post are bold - I don't waste time reviewing old post.
  2. I can organize blog into folders I named (Cards, CKMB, Company, Lifestyle, Portlandia, SB Celebs, SB News, Scrabooking and Stores are mine).
  3. You can see how many other Google Readers are subscribing to your subscriptions. - Important info for nerds like me! My blog has 2 subscribers; thanks Marilyn and Christina!
  4. You can still see the blog pics though the reader -I do have one pesky blog that doesn't show the pics, but 1/65 ain't bad!
  5. If I can't see a pic (that darn 1/65) I can easily link right to either the post or blog. This is what I do to comment too.
  6. Recommendations - Google Reader will recommend other blogs based on the subscription you already have - I've subscribed to several.
  7. It's free!
  8. Shared post - I can mark great post to share with my friend via this page http://www.google.com/reader/shared/13981102155271029266?hl=en.
  9. If you use Google Reader too, I can add your shared page to "My Friends Shared Items" to see what you're finding interesting. -I'm nosy.
  10. Shared Item Widget - lets me list my last 10 shared items from Reader on my blog without doing anything after the initial placement which was super easy. -Because I know you are all waiting with baited breath to see what I find interesting.

4 Comments:

  1. Christina Carnoy said...
    you've definitely converted me!!!
    Marilyn said...
    That is so cool! I too have been using Google Reader, and I have done the same as you, but it is all in one long list of MBers. Never again will I have 5 blog lists going in 5 different places!! Thank you Laura!!
    Anonymous said...
    I just asked about how to get RSS feeds, over on the AMR board. But maybe you just answered my prayers...Google reader!
    ~Erika/journeyfan
    Kay said...
    Okay you have to tell me how to do this! I have 81 bog (and growing) in my favorites! All I do anymore is blog surf. Checking a blog everyday when it's never updated *ahem like mine ahem* takes forever. HELP!!!

Post a Comment



A Couple of my Layouts...