To DYE for!

So I was directed to the Cricut MB by a post on the CKMB. I stayed a while and noticed that allot of the threads were frothing about "Skittles" I thought that's weired because most SBers prefer chocolates, don't they? Any, why would you put something so sticky on a card or page anyway? Never the one to just mind my own business and walk away, I poked around a bit, eventually I realized they were talking about these little acrylic bubbles you can glue to a page and it looks like a clear, glistening brad. They're really cool. (Some places call'em Baubles or Dew Drops) The next day, since I was at Michael's desperately seeking the new Cuttlebug folders and the Series 11 stamps, I popped by the floral sections because I too need Skittles. Baaa.... Baaa.... Baaa... oh... what was that?


Anyway....since they were on clearance, I bought one of each of the pink(light and dark mixed), yellow (three shades) and blue (light blue, clear and frosted). For two bucks each. I came hope and sorted my skittles, reveling in the bargin.




Then something called to me. "Tigardlilly.....there's more...." And what to my wondering eyes should appear, but threads about dyeing skittles, my dear! Uh huh, you can dye skittles with Ranger Alcohol Inks! (You know they come in 24 colors, plus you can mix them!)




I went back to my Michael's to buy more, but only the blue was left, so most of my creations are on the blue/white skittles.



Which brings me to my point, if any of you shop at MY Michael's; STAY AWAY FROM MY SKITTLES!!!!!! They mine, Mine, MINE. I'm serious; I called them. I call them all, in the entire metro area. NO, state. NO All of them. They're mine, they're all mine.

8 Comments:

  1. Christina Carnoy said...
    Those look really neat-o!!!
    Marilyn said...
    lol, you can't have a monopoly on skittles, this is a free country!!!

    I am glad you are having fun with them!

    Ladies, these are super cool in real life, trust me!
    Kay said...
    I call all the ones in Vancouver!!! LOL I'm so hittin' M's tomorrow. These would make perfect flower centers. You will have to show me how to use those ink thingies though. I'm not so good with the inks. ;)
    All moments remembered said...
    OHHHHH I have to have some!!! They are beautiful!!! NOW darn if we dont live in the same state!!! I will have to call my Mikes and tell them to not let you in! LOL
    noel joy said...
    you are so funny. look at you go, i would have never thought to dye them. very cool!
    scrapinmary said...
    I really want some skittles
    J. Hunley said...
    thats crazy...its great to have that kinda pull...lol...anyways just to let you know I bought a bag of clear and theres probably 500 in it at www.stampingscrapping.com so don't hurt anyone at michaels...(i think my Michael;s discontinued them because they were on the clearance shelves
    J. Hunley said...
    oh and the bag on that site is listed under dew drops and the bag is $8.99

Post a Comment



A Couple of my Layouts...